How many good things are there in this one dish? The omega-3 rich eggs and salmon, iron & fiber from the kale and vit C from the lemony yoghurt. Great for a weekend brekkie or brunch.
- shred the kale (2 big handfuls per person), making sure you pick out all the woody stems.
- heat 1 tbsp flavorless coconut oil in a frying/griddle pan on medium high and throw in the kale. Toss it from time to time, making sure it doesn’t burn (5-6mins). Once it’s almost done, add 1tbsp maple syrup and a good pinch of salt. Give it a good toss and set aside.
- bring water to a gentle simmer in a wide shallow pan, add 2 tsp of white wine vinegar (or another vinegar, just not balsamic!) and give it a stir, so the water is moving clockwise. Gently crack 1 egg in the center (the circular motion of the water will help keep the egg together). Make sure the water is gently simmering, not boiling, and gently lift the egg out after 4mins with a slotted spoon. Repeat with your other eggs, draining them on kitchen paper.
- mix 4 tbsp of full-fat plain yogurt (Greek is good) with the juice of 1/2 lemon, and a good pinch of sea salt
- lay the kale on the plate, top with slices of smoked salmon, and a poached egg. Sprinkle with dried chilli flakes (optional), and add a good dollop of yogurt to the side. Serve with hot buttered toast!